May in Seattle means the start of one of my all-time favorite Seattle events: SIFF, the Seattle International Film Festival, and I can’t wait. SIFF is easily my favorite festival this city has to offer, and every year I anxiously await the release of the film schedule so I can start meticulously planning how to see as many movies as possible around my work schedule each week for almost a month. Double features on Saturdays are a must.
Although the official schedule doesn’t come out for a few more days, the anticipation of it has been putting me in a cinematic mood. I’ve been enjoying movies from the comfort of my couch the last few evenings and it’s given me inspiration to make a batch of these tasty cookies containing (in my opinion) the best movie candy ever made: Reese’s Pieces.
My biggest challenge with peanut butter cookies is that they tend to dry up and become crunchy or extra chewy, a texture I just don’t find enjoyable. I’ve created this recipe instead to produces a fluffy peanut butter cookie packed with Reese’s Pieces – a perfect treat to enjoy with a glass of milk while watching a movie at home.
Not a fan of Reese’s Pieces? (I won’t judge, promise) – it’s easy to use another candy or chip as a substitute in this peanut butter cookie. Chocolate chips or M&M’s would be my recommendation!
Like what you see? Leave a comment and follow for more great recipes!
½ c. margarine
½ c. light brown sugar
½ c. sugar
½ c. peanut butter (Jif Creamy)
1½ c. all-purpose flour
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
8 oz. Reese’s Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt). Mix together and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine margarine, brown sugar, sugar and eggs.
- Beat well on high until smooth. Texture will be runny.
- Add peanut butter and continue mixing on high about 5 min; consistency will become thicker as it continues to mix.
- Add dry ingredients, mixing between each addition until all ingredients are combined and batter is smooth.
- Add Reese’s Pieces and mix by hand.
- On an un-greased cookie sheet, drop tablespoonfuls and bake 12- 13 minutes until tops of cookies are slightly golden brown.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and store in a sealed container once cool.