Looking for a knockout brunch recipe this weekend? Look no further. Ladies and gentleman: zucchini frittata!
If you’re a regular reader, you know that we LOVE eggs and breakfast for dinner in our household (check out these other recipes if you’re a fan of breakfast for dinner too: Bacon Broccoli Quiche and Jalapeno Corn Cakes). We’ve experimented with eggs in every form and this is another dish that we can’t get enough of.
Only 6 total ingredients (not including salt/pepper), this is another easy way to pull together a hearty dinner for the family, meal prep for the week or just whip up a dish that tastes (and sounds) more advanced than it really is. It’s also gluten free for all my GF friends and family out there!
If you’ve never made or had frittata before, it’s essentially a crust-less quiche; egg based and stuffed with veggies + meat, sometimes cheese, it sounds like a fancy Italian dish but in reality is a two-pan meal fairly quick to whip up.
Give this dish a try and let me know how it turns out by leaving a comment below!
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 lb. ground breakfast sausage (we use Jimmy Dean’s “Hot” breakfast sausage)
- 2 medium zucchinis, julienned (or peeled using a peeler)
- 2 medium carrots, julienned (or peeled using a peeler)
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 10 eggs, beaten
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- In a large skillet, melt coconut oil and add breakfast sausage. Cook until fully browned.
- Add onion, zucchini and carrot to the skillet. Cook until veggies are soft and cooked down.
- Transfer contents of skillet to a colander to drain oil and juices.
- Grease a 2½ qt. casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Transfer the sausage and veggies to the casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl, beat 10 eggs, salt and pepper together.
- Pour eggs over the sausage and veggies.
- Bake for 40 minutes and enjoy!