Not sure if you’ve heard yet, but we love breakfast foods in our household. We’ve tried to create, recreate and reinvent breakfast dishes like fritatta, pancakes (have you seen these Jalapeno Corn Cakes yet?!) and our all-time favorite: quiche.
This hearty dish is just what everyone needs to either start the day with some serious brain food, share with friends during brunch, or serve as a one-dish meal and call it breakfast for dinner.
There are a lot of variations of quiche out there and I am an undiscriminating fan of them all. If you put a quiche in front of me, I’ll never say no. This particular variation of quiche is one I’ve slowly tweaked over the last year – more cheese, less onion, more egg, less salt… and so on until we’ve been left with this little slice of tastiness.
A few recommendations before you dive head first into quiche-making:
- It’s best prepared in a 9 in. pie pan
- This recipe does not include pie crust instructions. Frozen pie dough absolutely works though! If you have a little extra time to offer to preparing this meal though (but not enough to commit to scratch dough), pick up Betty Crocker’s Pie Crust Mix for a quick made at home crust.
- Don’t hesitate to go heavy on the veggie! This quiche can hold a lot – if you just love broccoli, don’t be afraid to put in more than the recipe calls for!
1 c. 2% milk
6 eggs, slightly beaten
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
10 slices bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
½ c. broccoli crowns, roughly chopped and stalks discarded
1 c. shredded sharp or extra sharp cheddar cheese
½ c. grated Parmesan cheese
½ medium onion, diced
- Prepare a pie crust in a 9 in. pie pan, bake and let cool completely
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- In a small mixing bowl, combine milk, eggs, salt and pepper and set aside
- Layer ingredients into pie pan in three layers:
- Layer: onion, broccoli, bacon, cheddar cheese, and Parmesan cheese
- Repeat 3x until all ingredients are used
- Pour egg mixture into the pie pan, covering the onion/broccoli/bacon/cheese mix evenly
- Bake 40 minutes
- Remove and let cool at least 10 minutes before serving
One thought on “Bacon Broccoli Quiche”